O Ye Scribes Has Been Nominated!

I am happy to announce that O Ye Scribes has been nominated for its first award! Many thanks to Serena over at the lovely blog poetree for nominating me for the Liebster Award!

The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize blogs with fewer than 200 followers. And here are the rules:

1. Thank and link back the person who nominated you

2. List eleven facts about yourself

3. Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you

4. Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (you can't nominate the blogger who nominated you)

5. Ask them eleven questions

6. Let them know of their nomination!


11 Facts About Me


1. I write nonfiction.

2. I can't write fiction very well. Inventing people and worlds sounds difficult. And a little scary.

3. My favorite color is green.

4. I always forget that the word mayonnaise has two N's in it. (Why? It doesn't need two N's.)

5. I love reading theology.

6. I want to learn Biblical Greek. One day I'll unearth that Greek textbook from my ever-growing book pile . . .

7. I have about ten different nationalities in my heritage.

8. My bangs are growing out, and it is a most troublesome process.

9. I think this might be getting too silly.

10. However, I think you should learn to laugh at the silly things in life, otherwise you end up stressed and bored.

11. I am finished with my eleven facts about myself! Or, if that isn't quite a fact, I just realized I misspelled Liebster when I notified everyone about this . . . dang it.


Serena's Questions

How long have you been blogging for?

Since last September, so about nine months.

Why do you blog?

Well, I first started blogging as a way to build a sort of marketing base for my eventual book. But then I realized I needed to spend far more time promoting it if that was to happen. And my book won't be done for a long time. Now I can honestly say I'm blogging just for its own sake. I have learned a lot, and I'm enjoying it!

What do you find challenging about blogging?

Designing/finding all the graphics and backgrounds, fonts, choosing styles and putting everything together so that it looks unique and creative, but doesn't make your eyeballs bleed.

Dark, milk, or white chocolate?

Goodness, this is a tough one. Dark chocolate, mostly. I think.

Tea or coffee?

Tea! I love a good cup of herbal tea.

What is your favorite tree species?

I love maple trees. Although apple trees are gorgeous, especially this time of year.

Who is your favorite poet? (Or singer/songwriter. They're poets.)

Tennyson. I also like Emily Dickinson, and G.K. Chesterton's The Ballad of the White Horse was amazing.

What do you enjoy doing on a sunny day?

Going for a long walk!

And on a rainy day?

Curling up on the couch with a good book and a cup of hot tea. Or watching a movie with said tea.

What's your favorite book genre?

I can't choose just one, maybe my top three? They'd have to be mystery, fantasy and historical fiction.

Do you know how to play any musical instruments? If so, which one(s)? If not, are there any you'd like to play?

Yes. I play the piano. And I play the violin; it is my favorite of the two.


My Nominations


2. Jansina at Thilly Little Nothings

3. Rachel at The Inkpen Authoress



6. Sarah at Inklined


8. Jenny at Adonis Ephemeral

9. Lauriloth at The Musings of an Elf


My Questions For The Nominees

1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?

2. What do you find most challenging about it?

3. Suppose the authors of the classics were blogging today, whose blog(s) would you follow?

4. What is your favorite genre of book?

5. Name a book you have read over three times.

6. If you could change the ending of any book, which one would it be?

7. Random, music-related question: what do you think about bagpipes?

8. Do you have a pet? If not, what animal would be your ideal pet?

9. What is your favorite season?

10. Do you prefer an E-book or a traditional book?

11. What is one piece of advice you would give to beginning bloggers?

Comments

  1. I was going to comment on how I can't write fiction either, my favorite color is green, I didn't even know mayonnaise had two n's... and then I realized I was agreeing with everything you said, and should summarize all my thoughts like this: we should be friends.

    If you'd like me to continue my above rambling, which was rudely interrupted by an ellipsis, do send me an email (but I won't blame you at all if you don't--just read your answers above, and that would be about it). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, it sounds like we have a lot in common! I'll be sending an email your way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking time to read and comment. :) Over to you!

Popular Posts