Infinity Blog Award!

 

I've been tagged to do the Infinity Blog Award!

Thanks to Anne Marie @ AM Station for tagging me!

The rules are:
1. Thank the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.


 Eleven Facts About Myself

1. I've started playing Owl City songs on the violin. It's a great deal of fun.

2. I like history.

3. I used to do Irish dance. I enjoyed it a lot.

4. I do not own a cell phone. This is because I'm a troglodyte on a budget I don't really need one right now.

5. When I was about four or five I thought Spanish was the main language spoken in China. This was because the picture on my Spanish course looked vaguely Asian to me, so I thought, “Aha, this language must be spoken China!” I have since realized my error.

6. I love making things out of paper – origami, cards, wreaths from book pages, stuff like that.

7. I am a middle child.

8. I've looked like a seventeen-year-old since I arrived at that age. People always think I'm a teenager. The upside is that when I'm a senior citizen, I'll still be old, but I'll look young for an old person.

9. I like cheese.

10. I've been exploring a lot of fandoms this year, like Merlin, Doctor Who, and Divergent, and I'm revisiting Narnia and Middle Earth.

11. Me and my little sister watch Blimey Cow every Monday. I'm about to go do that. (I'm writing this on a Monday.)


And now for Anne Marie's questions!

Would you rather be a butterfly or a bumble bee?

Butterfly. Although bumble bees are adorable.
 
Post a paragraph or a stanza of your latest writing project. (I guess that wasn't really a question...will you please post a paragraph or stanza?)
 
Sure. Here's some fiction I've been working on. I can't speak for its quality, but it was fun to write.

The boat streaked across the sky against a backdrop of turgid purple clouds, lightning sparked around them now. And underneath the boat spread a vast and jagged tangle of ruined machinery. It was a not an ideal place for a crash landing. Although, Dax wouldn't readily call this a crash landing. Everything on his ship was operational; it was a forced landing due to stormy conditions.

What are your blogging goals for the rest of the year?

Have fun.

Be creative.

Reach 30 followers.

And here are the bloggers I'm tagging!

Grace M. @ Fictionally

Hannah Mary @ The Daisy Tree

Christine Smith @ Musings of an Elf

Deborah O'Carroll @ The Road of a Writer

My questions are:

1. Would you rather grow a garden or raise a puppy?

2. What's the last book you read that had the word the in the title?

3. If you could create a theme park, what would the theme be?

If I haven't tagged you, and you'd like to do the tag, please do! 

Comments

  1. A few years ago I was filling the minivan with gas while my Mom ran into the convenience store, and an employee came up to me and asked, "Are you 16?" I glanced around looking for a pump number, license plate, anything with the number 16 on it until I finally realized she was asking about my age. I was in my early 20s. Someday I'll look young for an old person, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate! It still catches me off guard when people ask me where I go to high school. o_O It can be hard to appreciate looking young until you get older!

      Delete
  2. Thanks very much for the tag! I may have to get to this! :)

    You play violin and Irish dance? O_O YOU ARE COOL AND I LIKE YOU. (I wish I could do both... *wistful sigh*)

    I don't own a cell phone either, and am also a middle child and also often get called younger than I am. XD

    I discovered Blimey Cow very recently -- so much funnnny. :D

    Oh my! Your excerpt! Is that steampunk? It sounds AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

    This was a fun post! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! :)

      I used to do more Irish dance, now I practice occasionally in my basement, but I should get back to doing more! Yep, Blimey Cow is awesome!

      Yes, it's a steampunk sort of thing, not sure what's going to happen with it, but I'm enjoying the writing process! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. This was so fun to read! First of all OWL CITY!!!! My favorite music of ever. And you play Owl City songs on your VIOLIN??? That. Sounds. Amazing. And and and you did Irish Dance? :O I LOVE IRISH DANCE. Well, watching it. I can't dance, but Irish Dancing is just absolutely amazing.

    And oh my goodness, we have so many similarities! I'm a middle child myself, and I totally look younger than I really am. People get so confused when I tell them I'm in my twenties. XD But I have the same mentality as you, once we're old we'll still look young. So it's a good thing!

    BLIMEY COW. Love it so much! Except I haven't been over there in like months. D: HORRIBLE. I need to go watch some!

    Thank you so much for passing this my way. I'm honored! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun post to put together! I love watching Irish dance, too! It looks so much easier when other people are doing it, lol.

      Wow, we do have a lot in common! Yes, looking younger is a good thing! :) And Blimey Cow is great!

      You're welcome! :)

      Delete
  4. You're awesome! Blimey Cow, Doctor Who, CHEESE? Kindred spirits :)

    Thanks so much for nominating me, Candice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and Owl City. That's my jam.

      Delete
    2. Aww, thanks. Yes, Blimey Cow, cheese, Owl City, and Doctor Who are the best!

      You're welcome! :)

      Delete
  5. I did the tag! :) https://deborahocarroll.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/infinity-dreams-blog-award/ It was sooo much fun. ^_^ Thank you again! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm about to go read it! So glad you did the tag! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tag, Candice! You gave some fun answers. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking time to read and comment. :) Over to you!

Popular Posts