Blogoversary!

 

Today's the day.
 
O Ye Scribes is two years old! I started this blog in August 2013. It's survived about 397 redesigns, and a lot of posts that can only be described as the process of a newbie blogger finding her writing niche. I've enjoyed my blogging journey a great deal. And today I want to focus on the thing that has made my blogging experience so much fun - the blogging community!

When I started blogging, I had a pretty vague idea of what it was to to be a blogger. Except, I knew that I finally had a blog, and I was really excited to have a space of my own where I could share my thoughts on books. 

But I had in incomplete picture. The other part of the blogging experience is finding other blogs and reading others' thoughts and opinions, blogging is a conversation. And I'm so happy that I've found so many awesome blogs, and “met” their authors.
 
The book blogging community is wonderful, and I really enjoy being involved in it. I've found a place where raving and fangirling over your favorite books and characters is accepted, where there are a ton of wonderful book recommendations and discussions, and there's no end to insightful opinions and helpful advice on blogging.

I'm so excited to see what the next year of blogging brings, and I'm looking forward to finding amazing new blogs, as well as continuing to read all of my favorite ones!

Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy that you started this blog. I always love reading your thoughts, which are consistently so well crafted. I look forward to many more years of blogging!!

    I love the blogging community too...writers are the best =) Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! Blogging has been a lot of fun!

      Yes, the blogging community is an awesome place!

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! : D The blogging community is richer for having you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been so cool to be a part of the blogging community! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy blogoversary! (Did you change your header? It looks different. I like it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena! :) Yes, I did change my header (again!) I think I finally ended up with something I'll keep for a while!

      Delete
  4. Happy blogoversary, dear! I love reading your blog and getting your thoughts on things. You always have so many wonderful opinions.

    I love how you said the other half of blogging is the community. It's so true! The best part of blogging is interacting and supporting one another. I've made so many friends since I started blogging. It's a lovely thing.

    I look forward to another year of lovely Candice posts! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so sweet!

      I totally agree! Being involved in the community is the best, I never knew what I missing until I started blogging.

      Thanks! :) I'm excited for another year of blogging!

      Delete
  5. Belated Happy Blogoversary!
    I have really been enjoying your posts over the past few months, and I look forward to reading more.
    I agree that the blogging community is one of the major perks to blogging. I have "met" so many awesome, lovely people on here (present company included), and been able to broaden my friend circle ( a major feat when you live in a tiny town and work most hours of the day!). Everyone has been wonderful, and I've heard about so many books and blogs that I might have missed.
    Congrats again, *gives enthusiastic thumbs up* keep up the great work!

    -R @ Wordsmithing and Worldbuilding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah! Blogging has been a wonderful experience.

      I live in a small town as well! I can totally relate to blogging being a good way to make new friends! Thanks for the lovely comment! :)

      Delete
  6. How wonderful! Congrats on two years, Candice. That's amazing. I agree. This blogging community is... epic, really. I've "met" so many awesome people, and whether or not they realize it, been encouraged by many of them through their blogging messages. It's a great little niche to find. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It certainly is a great niche! I've enjoyed being a part of it so much! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking time to read and comment. :) Over to you!

Popular Posts