Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR

 


I'm linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for  Top Ten Tuesday!
   
This Fall, I'm planning on reading a few popular books that I've never read before, a few newer releases, and a couple of books that I just want to read because they sound interesting.

22489107 

1. Fairest, by Marissa Meyer. I still haven't read this yet, I don't like Levana, so I guess that's why, but since it's a part of the Lunar Chronicles, I'm going to read it!


13455099

2. Mechanica, by Betsy Cornwell. Isn't the cover of the book beautiful? It's a steampunk retelling of Cinderella. And it sounds incredible. I can't wait to get to it!



 3

3. Harry Potter And the Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling. No, this is not a reread. I have never read Harry Potter. But I skimmed a couple pages of it at the library the other day, and I know I'm going to like J.K. Rowling's storytelling.


1118668

4. The Book Thief, by Marcus Zusak. How Have I not read this yet? I'm pretty sure it's going to make me cry, because WWII stories tend to make me do that, and everyone says this book is really sad.



18143977 

5. All The Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr. It's a book everyone has been talking about over the summer. And it's said to be really good, and I like historical fiction, so I'm going to give it a try!


22557272 

6. The Girl On The Train, by Sally Hawkins. Another book that everyone's been raving about. It has an intriguing premise. I'm not usually into thrillers, but who knows? I might like this one.

25674742 

7. A Wish Made Of Glass, by Ashlee Willis. I'm looking forward to this! In general, I prefer Cinderella retellings to the actual Cinderella story, it seems like there's more to them. AWMOG does some unusual things with the story, but from what I can tell, still has a classic fairytale setting, and that sounds amazing!


 54539


8. Silas Marner, by George Eliot. Because you mustn't neglect the classics. At first the summary reminded me of Les Miserables, a little bit, but I can see it's going to be different. Interested to see how it turns out.

 
 13587130

9. Consider The Fork, by Bee Wilson. This is the only nonfiction book on the list. It's a history of "how technology transforms the way we cook and eat" and I think it's going to be super interesting. 





14891



10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith. I found this book at a thrift store for fifty cents, so I had to get it. I've never read it before, but coming of age stories are interesting, and I'm looking forward to reading this one!

What books are at the top of your Fall TBR list? 

Comments

  1. Hi! I just put a nonfiction book about fonts (yes fonts haha) on my TBR list. This one about technology and eating sounds interesting too! Great list. :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A book about fonts sounds really cool! I don't know much about them, but I would guess they have an interesting history!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Fairest is sitting on my bedroom floor after having been checked out two or three times from the library. I love the Lunar Chronicles, but I don't like Levana. I guess I'm afraid the author is going to trick me into be sympathetic toward her. XD But I really should read it.

    Oo, those Cinderella retellings look fantastic! Especially the steampunk. That cover is glorious!

    You must read The Book Thief! It was so amazing! It's sad, yes. But it's so much more than just another sad WW story. It's so insightful and the characters are amazing and it's about books and words. . . I hope you read it. :)

    I told a friend I'm going to read The Raven Boys. So I'm going to be doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't want to end up like Levana either, but like you, I loved the Lunar Chronicles, so I'm just going to read it and see what happens.

      I'm so excited to read the Cinderella retellings! And yes, the cover for Mechanica is wonderful!

      I'm looking forward to The Book Thief, if it's about books and words, I think I'll really enjoy that part! I've heard a lot about it being sad, but it's good to know there's more to it than that!

      Let me know if you like The Raven Boys!

      Delete
  3. Great selection, Candice! You have balanced so many genres really well. Best of luck with your TBR! Hope you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading it! :)

      Delete
  4. YOU WILL LOVE HARRY POTTER! I promise. : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a fun story! I've heard SO much about it over the years, I finally decided to read the first book!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to hear what you think of Harry Potter, as well as A Tree Grows In Brooklyn!!! Oh, Fairest sounds interesting...I lost interest in that series after the second book, however. So you'll have to let me know how that one goes, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward both!

      I didn't care for the second book of the Lunar Chronicles, either, but I enjoyed Cinder and Cress. And I just finished reading Fairest today. It was well written, but I didn't like it because Levana is EXTREMELY evil and creepy, and the book was pretty dark. I've officially decided that I don't like reading books from a villain's point of view. I'd much rather read about the good guys!

      Delete
  6. Hope you enjoy Harry Potter and The Book Thief!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/top-ten-tuesday-23/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading them! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Mechanica looks so amazing! Steampunk seems to be rare enough without hoping to find a retelling in there. I love the sound of it already. Definitely adding that to my TBR list for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! It sounds like a creative, unique read, and steampunk seems to be hard to come by, so I was happy to find it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking time to read and comment. :) Over to you!

Popular Posts