...And Then My Laptop Died

Once upon a time, I had a laptop. It was old and had a miserably small hard drive, but it served its purpose: it allowed me to write.

Then one day, it stopped working. 

This wasn't entirely unexpected. The screen had been behaving strangely for several days. “I'm (kind of) sure it's fine,” I had said to myself. But the screen wasn't fine, and it ended up wearing out. Or breaking. I'm still not sure what happened, except that it's ruined. I'm sad to see it go.

The most important thing, though, is that I didn't lose any files! My hard drive is still intact, and I still have my writing projects.

So that's why I haven't been blogging lately, but hopefully I will be blogging again soon!

Comments

  1. Thank goodness for not losing files! That would be the worst. RIP, laptop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so glad I still have my writing projects!

      Delete
  2. Oh noes! I'm so sorry to hear that. It's the worst when a computer dies. At least you were able to save your files, yes!

    Have you tried taking your laptop somewhere to get looked at? Like Best Buy? Last year my screen went out as well and it was just that the bulb died or something. Best Buy told me the parts to order and installed them for me once I got them, and then my screen was fine. But it might be something entirely different with yours. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't taken it anywhere yet, but I probably should! It would be really nice if my laptop just needed repairs. I basically have no idea what parts it might need, so it would be good to get another opinion on it. :)

      Delete
  3. Awk, GOOD that you didn't lose any files!! That is always my hugest fear about writing. XD I would just...gah, I don't even know what I'd do if I lost files. I mean, I have stuff backed up, but I don't back up as often as I should. You've basically inspired me to go do so now. :P
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was an inspiration! :D Yeah, I don't back things up often enough either, so I'm /really/ happy that the hard drive didn't fail!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking time to read and comment. :) Over to you!

Popular Posts