Creative Things That Don't Include Writing



I thought I'd do a different sort of blog post today and share some creative projects I've been working on! I haven't been doing a lot of writing lately, although my novel outline and research are going well. I've found that I still want to make something, so I've been looking for other ways to be creative until I'm reading to start writing my novel.

Anyway, here are some photos of things I've made.


I've made a lot of wreaths, but this one isn't going to be sold or given away, it's just for me! This one is a first of it' kind because I used colored paper in it. It's actually from a 2015 calendar that I thought was too pretty to throw out.




I’d been working on this jewelry organizer for a few weeks because I’m very slow when it comes to designing things. I had planned to make a jewelry tree, but I couldn't find enough sticks of the right size. So I came up with this design. The main part of this organizer started life as a wooden cutting board. (Actually, it started life as a tree, but who cares.) I painted some birds on it, added a few hooks, and hung it on the wall. It works well. I'm going to hang my jewelry for the rest of my life now, there is no going back.

Almost finished



The finished project

Of course, a creative day isn’t complete without delving into the culinary arts. So I made a pie. It’s the first pie I’ve ever made, and it turned out pretty well, and, it was gluten-free. And, there’s a tribute to the Wal-Mart logo on the top of the crust, which was not intentional.

#SaveMoneyLiveBetter


What creative things do you like to do in addition to writing? What is your favorite thing to craft?


Comments

  1. The wreath and jewelry organizer are beautiful! And congratulations on making your first pie -- gluten free, no less -- that's quite an accomplishment! Is (was?) it as delicious as it looks? My grandmother taught me how to make pies, and it's a lot of work, but so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were so much fun to make! The pie was delicious, I was happy to find a such a good recipe. :) Pies are a lot of work, but you're right, they are so rewarding - there is nothing like a homemade pie.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh this post is divinely delicious. Particularly that pie. OKAY I HAVE A PIE CRAVING NOW, THANKS FOR THAT. xD Oh oh but I love your wreath! I've made one of those before! It's so much fun. xD I do origami a lot, so that would definitely be my creative-but-not-writing thing. *nods* And I also like to make up little funny graphic/quotes/designs, but that's still sort of writing I guess. Basically my life = writing in some form or other. OH AND PHOTOGRAPHY. <3 Except I'm photographing books...OKAY SO BASICALLY I'M REALLY OBSESSED WITH BOOKS. XDD
    I loved this post!! Still craving pie... ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment!! :) Oooh, origami and photography are so cool! And graphic designs are the best! I love to learn more about photography and graphic design - they are so useful for bloggers! LOL, sorry about the pie craving!

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS THOSE WREATHS ARE GORGEOUS. Also, I love how bloggers also have so many other creative pursuits. I have my bullet journal, and I bake, and I play piano. So that's enough to be going on with. OH and photography, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! The wreath was really fun to make! I think it's my favorite (for now). Oh, and you have an awesome collection of creative pursuits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH THE WREATH IS SO AMAZING. LIKE, OHMYGOSH. I WANT IT. TO PUT ON MY WALL. WOW. So much talent. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! It was super fun to put together!

      Thanks for stopping by!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking time to read and comment. :) Over to you!

Popular Posts