Favorite Screen Characters Tag


I'm going to be talking about my favorite screen characters today! Christine at the wonderful blog Musings of an Elf has tagged me!

Here are the rules:

-List you 10 favorite screen characters (from TV shows or movies)
-Tag 10 other bloggers

When someone asks about my favorite characters, books, or movies, my mind tends to go blank. However, I think I have most of my favorite screen characters here, so here's my list, in no particular order. Most of them are from books, which is no surprise.

Merlin

"The Adventures of Merlin" (BBC). This is based on the famous Arthurian Legend, but so much better! I'm addicted to this TV series.


I'm watching the TV show Merlin right now. I love this show, it's the perfect blend of adventure, humor and intrigue. Merlin is my favorite character. In this version of Camelot, magic is outlawed, so Merlin has to keep his magical abilities hidden. In addition to that, he's always defusing evil plots, helping people in need, and he is a loyal friend to Prince Arthur. And Merlin is just a great guy. That is all.



Tintin
 

The Adventures of Tintin (2011)

In truth, Tintin doesn't have a great deal of character. I still like him, though. I read the graphic novels numerous times when I was growing up, so there's a lot of fond memories there. And Tintin is resourceful, and always ready to solve a mystery, so the movie is great fun.

Jo March

Emily and Milan

 
Josephine March is the life and heart of Little Women, in any screen adaptation. She's daring and rambunctious and funny, and very loyal to her family. And of course, she writes – and that's awesome!



Nick and Nora Charles
 
The Thin Man- William Powell & Myrna Loy. Awesome movie series. Retired Detective Nick Charles (Powell) keeps getting roped into solving murder cases, and his excitement loving wife, Nora (Loy), is usually the one doing the roping. ;)


These two characters are perfect together, so I'm cheating a bit and listing a couple instead of one character. Nick and Nora star in a series of six mystery movies made in the 1940s or thereabouts. They are husband and wife crime solving team, and they're so dang snarky, hilarious and cute together.






Steve Rogers/Captain America

Chris Evans as Steve Rogers (Captain America) in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." (Zade Rosenthal / Marvel)


Yes, I have to add Captain America. He's my favorite Avenger. Cap's story is a lot more harrowing that the other superhero's stories, I think. He's courageous and compassionate. The perfect hero.


Eowyn


This is what finally triggered me to go blonde.   Miranda Otto as Eowyn...

She's basically the ultimate warrior princess. But, Eowyn is much more than that. She's brave and wise, I really like her character development throughout the movies.

Maria Von Trapp


Julie Andrews. "I am very proud to be British. I'm very conscious of carrying my country with me wherever I go. I feel I need to represent it well."



Maria is so spunky, confident, and funny. I love her character arc, at first she's awkward and totally out of her element, and you just cringe and wince right along with her when she's in embarrassing situations at the Von Trapp house. But as the movie goes on, she comes into her own, and becomes the wise and strong woman you always knew she was. She's my favorite character in The Sound of Music.

The Incredibles

The Incredibles - one of the movies that I can watch over and over.


I've loved the Parr family/The Incredibles ever since I saw the movie. They have the same challenges, situations, and hopes as other families, except they happen to be superheroes. I love how they work together, stay true to their values, and grow closer as a family throughout the movie. 

Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet 
Keira Knightley (Elizabeth Bennet)  Matthew Macfadyen (Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy) - Pride and Prejudice (2005) #janeausten #joewright



I've always liked these two characters. Darcy and Lizzie have the classic romance, although it's actually kind of annoying, how they can't seem to understand each other at first. But I love how they each grow and deal with their flaws. I think their story was brought to the screen beautifully by the 2005 adaptation. 

I'm tagging

Allison @ The Art of Storytelling

Natalie @ Snazzery

Anne Marie @ AM Station

Serena @ Poetree

Imogen @ Gossiping With Dragons

All photos via Pinterest. And please excuse the wonky formatting - apparently Blogger decided that we are not speaking to each other at present.

Comments

  1. Aw, thanks so much for the tag, Candice! I actually already did this tag a few weeks back =) LOVE THESE!! Totally agree (huge Merlin fangirl RIGHT HERE) with all of them. Except, I have to say, I am partial to the older P&P...Colin Firth, girl, Colin Firth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Yes, I'd have to call myself a Merlin fangirl, too. I'm really enjoying the show! I'm not sure about how I feel about Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, but I've seen the '95 only once, and the other several times, so that could have something to do with it.

      Delete
  2. I adore Jo March, Lizzie and Mr. Darcy, Maria and of course, Captain America. Such fantastic characters respectfully and with their own unique strengths - and what great picks, Candice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was really fun to put this post together; there are so many good screen characters to choose from!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I definitely agree with Eowyn and Maria (and, of course, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy...). Thanks for tagging me! I have a few other posts coming up, but I might have to keep this one up my sleeve for later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Yes, I love the characters Eowyn and Maria, they're definitely some of the more memorable movie characters!

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy you did it! This tag is a blast.

    MERLINNNNN! *runs around in circles screaming* Need I say more?

    I love so many of these--Jo, Captain America, Eowyn, Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. Yes! Wonderful picks. And The Incredible is my favorite Pixar movie!!! (Which is saying something because I love ALL the Pixar movies.)

    This was so fun. Thank you for doing it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me! This post was a lot of fun!! :) I love all the Pixar movies, as well, they're so creative, and the animation is wonderful!

      Delete
  5. Oh, thanks! I will TOTALLY do this! Love your characters. I haven't heard of the mystery couple, so now I have to watch those! : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you are doing this tag! :) It's a lot of fun!

      Delete
  6. Awesome choices! And I just have to comment and say:MERLIN! I so love him. A lot. Wish the show hadn't ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm almost finished with the show (I'm on season 4) and I'm going to miss it a lot when I'm finished!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking time to read and comment. :) Over to you!

Popular Posts