Why I Haven't Been Blogging

Hello, readers!

It's been quiet around here for the past few weeks. But I have a good excuse! (Don't we always?) I got a job!

It's part time. I'm working as a library aide. (It's at a different library than the one I volunteer at.) I just finished my third week of working there, and I love it!

And, I'm preparing to outline my first novel! I've never actually finished writing a book, but I really, really want to to finish this one. Even if it turns out to be a total disaster, and I just keep it forgotten in the back of my hard drive, I want to be sure to see this book through to the end.

I don't want to say too much about it right now, but I will say that it's steampunk, involves a junkyard poisoned with dangerous magic, a heroine who is a dynamic mover and shaker, and an entrepreneurial hero. It's also got a private inspector, artisans, and political intrigue.

It's going to be a lot of work to research, but I am looking forward to writing it. I probably won't be doing NaNoWriMo, since this is my first novel, and I want to be sure to go at my own pace. However, it's awesome to read about what everybody has planned for November, bloggers are sharing some really creative stories!

Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? Have you finished a novel (or ten) by now, or is this your first book? I'd love to know your tips on finishing a book!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the new job! I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year... probably! I haven't written a novel, but it was ages ago, so I'm ready to try it again. Can't wait to agonize over teasing snippets from your novel! : D

    I tagged you in a sweater weather tag, by the way. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's so cool that you're doing NaNoWriMo, I hope it goes well for you! I don't know how soon I'll be writing my novel, but hopefully soon, and maybe I'll share some snippets, if it's going well!

      Thanks for the tag! I'm looking forward to participating in it. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! (if I haven't said that already) I've apparently lost my mind and signed up for NaNoWriMo, though I've never written a book -- unless a picture book in elementary school counts, or that awful journal-style thing that never went further than a spiral-bound notebook... Anywho, happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've really been enjoying my new job. You're more ambitious than me, I don't think I could write my first book while doing NaNoWriMo! I can't wait to see snippets from your book!

      Thanks! Happy writing to you to! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is so exciting!!! A job at a LIBRARY (best place ever, obviously) AND writing your first novel. Eeeeee! I'm so excited for you! And, uh, this novel idea sounds amaziiiing. o.o I LOVE me some steampunk!

    Congratulations on your job, and I hope you have the absolute best time writing your novel. Cheering you on all the way! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My job has been amazing! And I'm so excited to start (and finish) my novel. Thanks so much for the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting a job you love! Libraries are wonderful.

    Ooh, that novel sounds fabulous. You must tell us more once you start working on it! :D I'm not doing Nano either (though I'd really like to someday)... Instead, I'll be pushing through the last round or two of edits on my Five Magic Spindles entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Libraries are wonderful, I'm so glad I get to work at one!

      Thank you! I'm looking forward to writing this story! And I hope your editing goes well! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for taking time to read and comment. :) Over to you!

Popular Posts